Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Starwood Property ( STWD) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Starwood Property fell $0.24 (-1.0%) to $23.77 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,653,932 shares of Starwood Property exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,278,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $23.62-$24.14 after having opened the day at $23.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.01. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: First Financial Service Corporation ( FFKY), down 14.7%, ProShares Ultra MSCI Brazil Cppd ( UBR), down 9.0%, Supertel Hospitality ( SPPR), down 8.2% and Desarrolladora Homex SAB de CV ADR ( HXM), down 8.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Starwood Property Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.