Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Southwest Airlines ( LUV) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Southwest Airlines rose $0.50 (2.2%) to $23.60 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,948,534 shares of Southwest Airlines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,866,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $23.10-$23.67 after having opened the day at $23.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.10. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: P.A.M. Transportation ( PTSI), up 9.7%, Covenant Transportation Group ( CVTI), up 6.6%, Air Transport Services Group ( ATSG), up 6.0% and GasLog ( GLOG), up 5.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Southwest Airlines Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.