Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. McDermott International ( MDR) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, McDermott International rose $0.34 (4.3%) to $8.16 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 9,803,008 shares of McDermott International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,736,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $7.76-$8.20 after having opened the day at $7.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.82. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Real Goods Solar ( RGSE), up 24.6%, Real Goods Solar ( RSOL), up 24.6%, Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Corporation ( GLDD), up 3.0% and MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), up 2.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full McDermott International Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.