Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. FMC Corporation ( FMC) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, FMC Corporation rose $5.23 (6.7%) to $83.10 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,499,944 shares of FMC Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 905,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $81.44-$83.94 after having opened the day at $83.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.87. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Dejour Energy ( DEJ), up 25.3%, Houston American Energy Corporation ( HUSA), up 20.3%, Tengasco ( TGC), up 14.2% and Camac Energy ( CAK), up 12.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full FMC Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.