Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. HDFC Bank ( HDB) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, HDFC Bank rose $0.90 (2.4%) to $38.23 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,533,881 shares of HDFC Bank exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 964,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.14-$38.24 after having opened the day at $37.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.33. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Carolina Trust Bank ( CART), up 12.8%, National Bank of Greece ( NBG), up 12.7%, Southwest Georgia Financial Corporation ( SGB), up 6.0% and Baylake ( BYLK), up 5.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full HDFC Bank Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.