AAPL+Dividend+History+Chart

Turning to the other side of the option chain, we highlight one call contract of particular interest for the June expiration, for shareholders of Apple Inc ( AAPL) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 2.3% annualized dividend yield. Selling the covered call at the $560 strike and collecting the premium based on the $13.05 bid, annualizes to an additional 8.7% rate of return against the current stock price (this is what we at Stock Options Channel refer to as the YieldBoost), for a total of 11% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $560 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but AAPL shares would have to climb 5.1% from current levels for that to occur, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 7.5% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.

START SLIDESHOW:
Top YieldBoost AAPL Calls »

The chart below shows the trailing twelve month trading history for Apple Inc, highlighting in green where the $500 strike is located relative to that history, and highlighting the $560 strike in red:

Loading+chart++2014+TickerTech.com

The chart above, and the stock's historical volatility, can be a helpful guide in combination with fundamental analysis to judge whether selling the June put or call options highlighted in this article deliver a rate of return that represents good reward for the risks. We calculate the trailing twelve month volatility for Apple Inc (considering the last 251 trading day AAPL historical stock prices using closing values, as well as today's price of $532.89) to be 25%.

If you liked this article you might like

Bloomberg Claps Back at Trump at Inaugural Business Forum

Stocks Carve Out New Lows as Chances for December Hike Surge

Why Apple Pay Cash Won't Be a Venmo Killer: PayPal CEO

Apple, Amazon, Alphabet Charts Show Stress -- How to Protect Gains

Apple Pay Cash's Coming Launch Will Give Paypal's Venmo Some Real Competition