Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Heartland Express ( HTLD) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Heartland Express as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HTLD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.2 million.
- HTLD has traded 5,055 shares today.
- HTLD is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HTLD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HTLD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HTLD: Heartland Express, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a short-to-medium-haul truckload carrier of general commodities in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.4%. HTLD has a PE ratio of 25.2. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Heartland Express a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Heartland Express has been 515,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Heartland Express has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.40 and a short float of 8.1% with 6.72 days to cover. Shares are up 6.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Heartland Express as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 34.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- HTLD's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.19 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.22, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 56.02% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HTLD should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- HEARTLAND EXPRESS INC has improved earnings per share by 5.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HEARTLAND EXPRESS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.83 versus $0.71 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.97 versus $0.83).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Road & Rail industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 10.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $14.29 million to $15.84 million.
- You can view the full Heartland Express Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.