Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. AbbVie ( ABBV) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, AbbVie fell $0.58 (-1.1%) to $51.46 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,844,923 shares of AbbVie exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,022,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $51.01-$52.50 after having opened the day at $52.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.04. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: NewLink Genetics ( NLNK), down 16.2%, Heat Biologics ( HTBX), down 11.5%, Baxano Surgical ( BAXS), down 11.4% and Synergetics USA ( SURG), down 11.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full AbbVie Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.