Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Amgen ( AMGN) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Amgen fell $1.93 (-1.6%) to $122.26 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7,114,110 shares of Amgen exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,226,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $120.26-$125.90 after having opened the day at $125.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $124.19. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: NewLink Genetics ( NLNK), down 16.2%, Heat Biologics ( HTBX), down 11.5%, Vermillion ( VRML), down 11.0% and Aoxing Pharmaceutical Company ( AXN), down 8.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Amgen Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.