Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Methanex Corporation ( MEOH) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Methanex Corporation fell $1.98 (-2.7%) to $71.03 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,239,912 shares of Methanex Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 786,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $70.34-$73.43 after having opened the day at $73.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.01. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Amyris ( AMRS), down 6.8%, Ikonics Corporation ( IKNX), down 6.5%, Yongye International ( YONG), down 5.5% and Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), down 5.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Methanex Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.