Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PPL ( PPL) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, PPL rose $0.47 (1.5%) to $31.84 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,058,889 shares of PPL exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,932,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.19-$31.84 after having opened the day at $31.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.37. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Fuelcell Energy ( FCEL), up 18.1%, Cheniere Energy Partners LP Holdings ( CQH), up 4.7%, GreenHunter Resources ( GRH), up 3.9% and Clean Energy Fuels Corporation ( CLNE), up 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full PPL Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.