Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Macy's ( M) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Macy's rose $0.75 (1.3%) to $58.05 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,770,734 shares of Macy's exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,037,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $57.27-$58.48 after having opened the day at $57.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.30. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: Big Lots ( BIG), up 23.0%, U.S. Auto Parts Network ( PRTS), up 12.2%, dELiA*s ( DLIA), up 11.8% and Stage Stores ( SSI), up 8.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Macy's Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.