Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Exelon ( EXC) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Exelon fell $0.47 (-1.6%) to $29.81 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,053,803 shares of Exelon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,400,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $29.61-$30.39 after having opened the day at $30.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.28. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Southcross Energy Partners ( SXE), down 5.1%, Fuelcell Energy ( FCEL), down 4.5%, Ocean Power Technologies ( OPTT), down 4.2% and Niska Gas Storage Partners ( NKA), down 2.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Exelon Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.