Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. DryShips ( DRYS) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, DryShips fell $0.12 (-2.9%) to $4.02 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 24,814,187 shares of DryShips exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14,057,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $3.96-$4.37 after having opened the day at $4.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $4.14. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Newlead Holdings ( NEWL), down 30.3%, Copa Holdings ( CPA), down 7.7%, Genco Shipping & Trading ( GNK), down 5.1% and FreeSeas ( FREE), down 3.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full DryShips Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.