Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. NetApp ( NTAP) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, NetApp fell $0.78 (-2.0%) to $39.03 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7,841,772 shares of NetApp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,097,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $38.55-$40.08 after having opened the day at $39.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.81. Other companies within the Technology sector that declined today were: xG Technology ( XGTI), down 26.7%, Dot Hill Systems Corporation ( HILL), down 14.1%, Orbit International ( ORBT), down 12.6% and Superconductor Technologies ( SCON), down 10.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full NetApp Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.