Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Staples ( SPLS) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Staples fell $2.05 (-15.3%) to $11.35 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 68,904,496 shares of Staples exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,655,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $11.16-$12.01 after having opened the day at $11.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.40. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Office Depot ( ODP), down 5.7%, CST Brands ( CST), down 4.7%, Hastings Entertainment ( HAST), down 4.4% and Medifast ( MED), down 3.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Staples Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.