Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Tower ( AMT) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, American Tower rose $1.13 (1.4%) to $81.93 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,026,983 shares of American Tower exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,284,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $80.90-$82.43 after having opened the day at $80.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $80.80. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: Walter Investment Management ( WAC), up 8.4%, Nationstar Mortgage Holdings ( NSM), up 7.8%, Doral Financial ( DRL), up 4.8% and Supertel Hospitality ( SPPR), up 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full American Tower Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.