Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Berkshire Hathaway ( BRK.A) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Berkshire Hathaway rose $3,520.00 (2.0%) to $182,175.00 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 619 shares of Berkshire Hathaway exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $179,000.00-$182,214.99 after having opened the day at $179,449.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $178,655.00. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: National Security Group ( NSEC), up 9.6%, Aviva ( AV), up 8.0%, First Acceptance Corporation ( FAC), up 6.6% and CNinsure ( CISG), up 4.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Berkshire Hathaway Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.