- DANG has 17x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 35.21 mentions/day.
- DANG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $161.3 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DANG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DANG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DANG: E-Commerce China Dangdang Inc. operates as a business-to-consumer e-commerce company in the People's Republic of China. It primarily engages in the sale of books, audio-visual products, periodicals, and electronic publications through its Website, dangdang.com. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate E-Commerce China Dangdang a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for E-Commerce China Dangdang has been 3.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. E-Commerce China Dangdang has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. Shares are up 79.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates E-Commerce China Dangdang as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for E-COMMERCE CH DANGDANG -ADR is rather low; currently it is at 18.35%. Regardless of DANG's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -1.82% trails the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, E-COMMERCE CH DANGDANG -ADR's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- E-COMMERCE CH DANGDANG -ADR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, E-COMMERCE CH DANGDANG -ADR reported poor results of -$0.89 versus -$0.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.07 versus -$0.89).
- DANG has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Despite the fact that DANG's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.52, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- This stock has increased by 240.51% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in DANG do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full E-Commerce China Dangdang Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.