Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Texas Capital ( TCBI) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Texas Capital as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TCBI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $28.6 million.
- TCBI has traded 2,193 shares today.
- TCBI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TCBI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TCBI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TCBI: Texas Capital Bancshares, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for Texas Capital Bank, National Association that provides various banking products and services for commercial businesses, and professionals and entrepreneurs in Texas. TCBI has a PE ratio of 22.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Texas Capital a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Texas Capital has been 543,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Texas has a market cap of $2.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.06 and a short float of 7.9% with 7.01 days to cover. Shares are down 0.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Texas Capital as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 15.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for TEXAS CAPITAL BANCSHARES INC is currently very high, coming in at 91.10%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 23.50% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, TCBI's share price has jumped by 48.74%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- TEXAS CAPITAL BANCSHARES INC's earnings per share declined by 11.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TEXAS CAPITAL BANCSHARES INC reported lower earnings of $2.73 versus $3.02 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.21 versus $2.73).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, TEXAS CAPITAL BANCSHARES INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Texas Capital Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.