Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Teva Pharmaceutical Industries ( TEVA) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Teva Pharmaceutical Industries as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TEVA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $415.1 million.
- TEVA traded 44,069 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:34 AM.
- TEVA is up 2.1% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TEVA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TEVA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TEVA: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, sells, and distributes pharmaceutical products worldwide. The company offers generic pharmaceutical products; and basic chemicals, as well as specialized product families. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. TEVA has a PE ratio of 32.7. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Teva Pharmaceutical Industries a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries has been 6.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Teva has a market cap of $46.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 21.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Teva Pharmaceutical Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TEVA's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry average. The net income increased by 18.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $320.00 million to $380.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for TEVA PHARMACEUTICALS is rather high; currently it is at 61.14%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, TEVA's net profit margin of 6.99% significantly trails the industry average.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.54, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that TEVA's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.54, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 31.58% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.