- SGMO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $30.2 million.
- SGMO traded 140,167 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:59 AM, representing 10.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SGMO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SGMO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SGMO: Sangamo BioSciences, Inc., a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the research, development, and commercialization of zinc finger DNA-binding proteins (ZFPs) for gene regulation and gene modification in the United States. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Sangamo BioSciences a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Sangamo BioSciences has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Sangamo BioSciences has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.15 and a short float of 17.9% with 7.00 days to cover. Shares are up 31.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sangamo BioSciences as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 134.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$3.48 million to -$8.14 million.
- SANGAMO BIOSCIENCES INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SANGAMO BIOSCIENCES INC reported poor results of -$0.47 versus -$0.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.36 versus -$0.47).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, SANGAMO BIOSCIENCES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 15.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 23.1%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SGMO's share price has jumped by 107.51%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in SGMO do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Sangamo BioSciences Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.