- consolidating our South Hill buying office into our Houston headquarters,
- replatforming of our eCommerce website, which contributed to a 31% increase in direct-to-consumer sales,
- adding several high profile brands across merchandise categories,
- growing our private label credit card penetration rate by 290 basis points, and
- continuing to grow our cosmetics business.
Stage Stores, Inc. (NYSE: SSI) today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended February 1, 2014. The Company reported adjusted earnings for fiscal 2013, excluding one-time items and the loss associated with the Steele’s division, of $1.22 per diluted share compared to $1.44 per diluted share for fiscal 2012. The Company has entered into a definitive agreement for the sale of the Steele’s division, which it expects to consummate during the first quarter of 2014. Michael Glazer, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “Stage Stores had many accomplishments in 2013 that will contribute to our future profitability and growth. A few of the year’s highlights included: