Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Level 3 Communications ( LVLT) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Level 3 Communications fell $0.48 (-1.3%) to $36.96 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,409,389 shares of Level 3 Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,497,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.62-$37.54 after having opened the day at $37.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.44. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: AudioCodes ( AUDC), down 7.0%, Alvarion ( ALVR), down 5.7%, Net Element ( NETE), down 4.2% and Blonder Tongue Laboratories ( BDR), down 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Level 3 Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.