Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Baker Hughes ( BHI) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Baker Hughes fell $0.93 (-1.4%) to $63.04 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,895,499 shares of Baker Hughes exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,614,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $62.83-$64.20 after having opened the day at $63.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.97. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Endeavour International ( END), down 23.5%, USEC ( USU), down 20.9%, Ceres ( CERE), down 20.3% and Yongye International ( YONG), down 10.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Baker Hughes Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.