Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Golar LNG ( GLNG) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Golar LNG rose $3.03 (8.1%) to $40.58 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,856,577 shares of Golar LNG exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 872,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.13-$40.74 after having opened the day at $37.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.55. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Star Bulk Carriers ( SBLK), up 17.1%, Eagle Bulk Shipping ( EGLE), up 9.1%, Ardmore Shipping ( ASC), up 8.9% and Paragon Shipping ( PRGN), up 6.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Golar LNG Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.