Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold ( FCX) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold rose $0.38 (1.1%) to $33.91 on light volume. Throughout the day, 8,089,731 shares of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,124,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $33.28-$34.14 after having opened the day at $33.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.53. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: International Tower Hill Mines ( THM), up 26.0%, General Steel Holdings ( GSI), up 13.2%, Rare Element Resources ( REE), up 10.1% and Mines Management ( MGN), up 9.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.