Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. MetLife ( MET) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, MetLife rose $0.90 (1.8%) to $52.09 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,069,901 shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,831,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $51.03-$52.30 after having opened the day at $51.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.19. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: United Insurance Holdings ( UIHC), up 6.8%, Genworth Financial ( GNW), up 3.9%, CNinsure ( CISG), up 3.9% and Imperial Holdings ( IFT), up 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.