Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Applied Materials ( AMAT) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Applied Materials rose $0.33 (1.8%) to $19.17 on average volume. Throughout the day, 16,975,237 shares of Applied Materials exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,909,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $18.70-$19.19 after having opened the day at $18.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.84. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: Digital Power Corporation ( DPW), up 66.1%, Maxwell Technologies ( MXWL), up 22.8%, Superconductor Technologies ( SCON), up 18.9% and AMSC ( AMSC), up 13.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Applied Materials Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.