Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Motors ( GM) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, General Motors rose $0.59 (1.6%) to $37.52 on average volume. Throughout the day, 28,242,082 shares of General Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 26,583,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.33-$38.05 after having opened the day at $37.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.93. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Gentherm ( THRM), up 10.0%, Federal Signal ( FSS), up 9.1%, Westport Innovations ( WPRT), up 6.8% and Ford Motor ( F), up 1.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.