Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- BOBE's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $23.07 million or 11.75% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BOB EVANS FARMS has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -57.23%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The gross profit margin for BOB EVANS FARMS is rather low; currently it is at 20.71%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.83% significantly trails the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 45.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $11.31 million to $6.12 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BOBE Ratings Report