- DISH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $156.2 million.
- DISH has a PE ratio of 31.7.
- DISH is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- DISH is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- DISH is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- DISH is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- DISH has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 0.6%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DISH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DISH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DISH: DISH Network Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, offers direct broadcast satellite subscription television services in the United States. DISH has a PE ratio of 31.7. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate DISH Network a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for DISH Network has been 2.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. DISH Network has a market cap of $12.9 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 0.43 and a short float of 3% with 2.41 days to cover. Shares are up 1.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates DISH Network as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 298.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$158.46 million to $314.91 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 4.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 294.28% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 58.39% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- DISH NETWORK CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DISH NETWORK CORP reported lower earnings of $1.41 versus $3.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.54 versus $1.41).
- 37.58% is the gross profit margin for DISH NETWORK CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of DISH's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 8.74% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full DISH Network Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.