Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Verizon Communications ( VZ) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.0%. By the end of trading, Verizon Communications rose $0.59 (1.2%) to $47.90 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 51,189,563 shares of Verizon Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 33,944,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $47.47-$48.39 after having opened the day at $47.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.31. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Pendrell ( PCO), up 17.8%, eOn Communications Corporation ( EONC), up 14.7%, xG Technology ( XGTI), up 11.8% and DSP Group ( DSPG), up 11.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Verizon Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.