Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Google ( GOOG) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 2.4%. By the end of trading, Google rose $12.22 (1.0%) to $1,214.91 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,457,423 shares of Google exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,118,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $1,209.50-$1,216.00 after having opened the day at $1,215.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1,202.69. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Vipshop Holdings ( VIPS), up 32.4%, ModusLink Global Solutions ( MLNK), up 25.1%, Luxoft Holding Inc Class A ( LXFT), up 18.3% and Pendrell ( PCO), up 17.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Google Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.