Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Amazon.com ( AMZN) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.9%. By the end of trading, Amazon.com rose $4.12 (1.1%) to $363.90 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,687,802 shares of Amazon.com exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,613,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $362.46-$365.68 after having opened the day at $363.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $359.78. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: Vipshop Holdings ( VIPS), up 32.4%, E-Commerce China Dangdang ( DANG), up 15.4%, China Nepstar Chain Drugstore ( NPD), up 13.6% and Overstock.com ( OSTK), up 10.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Amazon.com Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.