Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Facebook ( FB) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 3.4%. By the end of trading, Facebook rose $1.39 (2.1%) to $68.80 on light volume. Throughout the day, 41,361,206 shares of Facebook exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 64,514,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $67.62-$68.90 after having opened the day at $68.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $67.41. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: Vipshop Holdings ( VIPS), up 32.4%, ModusLink Global Solutions ( MLNK), up 25.1%, Autohome Inc ADR ( ATHM), up 16.0% and YY ( YY), up 14.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Facebook Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.