Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PPG Industries ( PPG) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, PPG Industries rose $3.13 (1.6%) to $200.19 on light volume. Throughout the day, 669,168 shares of PPG Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 940,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $198.68-$200.41 after having opened the day at $199.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $197.06. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: REX American Resources ( REX), up 7.8%, Penford Corporation ( PENX), up 6.9%, Balchem Corporation ( BCPC), up 6.1% and OM Group ( OMG), up 5.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full PPG Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.