Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the industry’s most comprehensive open source business process management suite, Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite 6, which includes the next version of its business rules platform, JBoss BRMS 6. With JBoss BPM Suite 6, Red Hat brings a unique combination of business process management (BPM), business rules management (BRM) and complex event processing (CEP) technologies together in a single product offering. JBoss BPM Suite is a platform for business process management that includes all the capabilities of JBoss BRMS and adds support for modeling, automation, simulation, and monitoring of business processes. JBoss BRMS is a platform for business rules management and complex event processing that is used to host an organization’s business rules and to make business decisions based on those rules, as an alternative to coding them directly in applications. The complementary technologies help organizations respond to changing market conditions faster and easier through advanced decision and process automation capabilities, and empower business users to make the necessary changes without requiring IT to manually rewrite application code. Organizations are under constant pressure to remain competitive and compliant in a rapidly-changing business environment. Manually incorporating changes into critical IT applications can be costly and time consuming, and can introduce the risk of error and inconsistency. BPM and BRM systems play a critical role in automating workflows to maintain consistent and accurate decisions throughout an organization. By creating an environment in which business and IT users can collaborate quickly and effectively, these systems improve the ability of a business to quickly incorporate changes into their application infrastructure. JBoss BPM Suite enables organizations to focus on helping customers and grow their business by providing:
- Visibility: JBoss BPM Suite and JBoss BRMS enable organizations to gain better visibility into how their business is functioning, identify where bottlenecks may be occurring, and determine what they can do to improve the way the organization works.
- Business Agility: With JBoss BPM Suite, business users can own, manage and change processes, rules and policies in response to changing market conditions, allowing the organization to respond faster and compete more effectively.
- Consistency: Manual intervention in business processes and decision management can lead to inconsistent outcomes and high labor costs. Modern enterprises cannot leave critical business decisions to chance. JBoss BPM Suite and JBoss BRMS help organizations execute key processes and decisions the same way, every time.
- Advanced business user tools: With tooling that makes rule and process definitions visible and understandable, JBoss BPM Suite 6 helps business experts apply their domain knowledge directly to the models. These tools include a drag and drop BPMN2 process modeler, a graphical data modeler, and business activity monitoring (BAM) dashboards and reports, in addition to rule authoring and management tools also included in JBoss BRMS 6.
- Powerful integration: JBoss BPM Suite combines the powerful runtime rule engine and CEP features from JBoss BRMS with a business process execution server capable of supporting a variety of workload needs. Combining these technologies into a single, comprehensive offering provides efficient integration and a seamless user experience, ultimately allowing organizations to go to market faster with new products and services.
- Flexible deployment options: JBoss BPM Suite 6 and JBoss BRMS 6 can be deployed on physical, virtual and cloud environments. Both products can leverage JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 clustering to meet scalability and high availability deployment needs. JBoss BPM Suite 6 and JBoss BRMS 6 are compatible with platform-as-a-service (PaaS) environments, such as OpenShift by Red Hat, and provide the foundation for bpmPaaS as part of Red Hat JBoss xPaaS services for OpenShift.
Announcement WebcastMembers of the Red Hat JBoss Middleware team will discuss this announcement in greater detail and answer questions during a live webcast press conference, beginning at 11:00 a.m. EST today. To register for the event or to access the on-demand replay content, visit https://vts.inxpo.com/Launch/QReg.htm?ShowKey=18756 Supporting Quotes Mike Piech, general manager, Middleware, Red Hat“We have steadily built out the Red Hat JBoss Middleware portfolio over the years, adding pieces to help our customers on their own journey of creating more integrated, intelligent and innovative application ecosystems. JBoss BPM Suite is the apogee of our open source enterprise application development portfolio, and today’s launch marks a milestone in our middleware strategy of delivering a comprehensive platform that empowers developers and business users alike to innovate and compete.” Carl Lehmann, IT analyst and research manager, 451 Research“Many organizations approach business process automation as a singular event. Industry leaders pursue it as the beginning of a continuous improvement program. Such efforts require process modelling that includes rules management and decision support, simulation to test assumptions, and performance feedback upon execution to prove results. Doing so requires integrated frameworks such as Red Hat’s JBoss BPM Suite to enable consistent and reliable outcomes.” Ian Kinkade, CEO, Information Design, Inc."We have years of experience working with technologies from leaders like Red Hat. JBoss BPM Suite builds on Red Hat's existing middleware portfolio and extends it further into enterprise environments by enabling them to not only build and integrate applications, but to automate them as well. Customers should find this to be a valuable addition and we're excited to be able to help them discover new ways to become more agile and competitive." Additional Resources
- Learn more about JBoss BPM Suite and JBoss BRMS
- Read the JBoss BPM Suite technology overview
- Watch the video: “BPM and BRMS: Keep your business in business”
- Learn more about Red Hat
- Get more Red Hat news or subscribe to the Red Hat news RSS feed
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter
- Join Red Hat on Facebook
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
- Join Red Hat on Google+