Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified United Rentals ( URI) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified United Rentals as such a stock due to the following factors:
- URI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $130.3 million.
- URI has traded 2,809 shares today.
- URI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in URI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for URI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on URI: United Rentals, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as an equipment rental company. It operates in two segments, General Rentals; and Trench Safety, Power and HVAC (heating, ventilating and air conditioning). URI has a PE ratio of 24.2. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate United Rentals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for United Rentals has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. United Rentals has a market cap of $8.2 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 2.37 and a short float of 9.7% with 6.80 days to cover. Shares are up 13.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates United Rentals as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 227.50% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 67.64% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- UNITED RENTALS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, UNITED RENTALS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.63 versus $0.64 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.06 versus $3.63).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Trading Companies & Distributors industry. The net income increased by 241.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $41.00 million to $140.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Trading Companies & Distributors industry and the overall market, UNITED RENTALS INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full United Rentals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.