- MTRX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.5 million.
- MTRX has traded 13,331 shares today.
- MTRX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MTRX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MTRX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MTRX: Matrix Service Company provides engineering, fabrication, infrastructure, construction, and maintenance services primarily to the oil, gas, power, petrochemical, industrial, and mining and minerals markets principally in the United States and Canada. MTRX has a PE ratio of 28.0. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Matrix Service Company a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Matrix Service Company has been 212,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Matrix Service has a market cap of $847.1 million and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 2.61 and a short float of 1.8% with 1.49 days to cover. Shares are up 32.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Matrix Service Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 40.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MATRIX SERVICE CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MATRIX SERVICE CO increased its bottom line by earning $0.92 versus $0.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.30 versus $0.92).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income increased by 89.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $5.44 million to $10.31 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 80.95% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 105.23% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- MTRX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.09 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.96 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Matrix Service Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.