- CSGP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $54.2 million.
- CSGP has traded 29,546 shares today.
- CSGP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CSGP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CSGP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CSGP: CoStar Group, Inc. provides information, analytics, and marketing services to the commercial real estate industry in the United States, the United Kingdom, and France. CSGP has a PE ratio of 194.1. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate CoStar Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for CoStar Group has been 148,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. CoStar Group has a market cap of $5.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.07 and a short float of 2.3% with 2.01 days to cover. Shares are up 8.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CoStar Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- COSTAR GROUP INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, COSTAR GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.04 versus $0.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.00 versus $1.04).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 171.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $4.71 million to $12.80 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 16.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although CSGP's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.17 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, CSGP has a quick ratio of 2.48, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for COSTAR GROUP INC is currently very high, coming in at 78.01%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.07% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full CoStar Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.