Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Walt Disney ( DIS) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Walt Disney fell $1.35 (-1.7%) to $79.46 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,159,238 shares of Walt Disney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,298,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $78.84-$80.65 after having opened the day at $80.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $80.81. Other companies within the Media industry that declined today were: Central European Media ( CETV), down 11.3%, Promotora de Informaciones SA/FI ( PRIS), down 9.4%, CTC Media ( CTCM), down 8.1% and Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings ( CCO), down 8.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Walt Disney Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.