Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Prudential Financial ( PRU) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Prudential Financial fell $1.59 (-1.9%) to $82.99 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,349,166 shares of Prudential Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,211,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $82.59-$83.80 after having opened the day at $83.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $84.58. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: ING Groep N.V ( ING), down 5.2%, Aegon ( AEG), down 3.7%, Aviva ( AV), down 3.3% and First American Financial ( FAF), down 3.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Prudential Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.