Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. AES Corporation ( AES) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, AES Corporation rose $0.21 (1.5%) to $13.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,865,186 shares of AES Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,402,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $13.55-$13.94 after having opened the day at $13.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.65. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Fuelcell Energy ( FCEL), up 11.3%, Clean Energy Fuels Corporation ( CLNE), up 4.9%, Niska Gas Storage Partners ( NKA), up 3.9% and Pattern Energy Group ( PEGI), up 3.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full AES Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.