Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Randgold Resources ( GOLD) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Randgold Resources rose $3.38 (4.3%) to $82.42 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,291,943 shares of Randgold Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 850,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $82.07-$83.28 after having opened the day at $82.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $79.04. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: North American Palladium ( PAL), up 17.0%, Mines Management ( MGN), up 10.3%, Golden Star Resources ( GSS), up 8.3% and USEC ( USU), up 8.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Randgold Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.