Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Salix Pharmaceuticals ( SLXP) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Salix Pharmaceuticals rose $2.82 (2.6%) to $110.74 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,311,053 shares of Salix Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 901,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $106.10-$110.75 after having opened the day at $106.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $107.92. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Fate Therapeutics ( FATE), up 28.8%, RadNet ( RDNT), up 18.0%, Dendreon ( DNDN), up 14.9% and Cara Therapeutics ( CARA), up 12.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Salix Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.