Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Whitewave Foods Company ( WWAV) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Whitewave Foods Company rose $0.52 (1.8%) to $28.82 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,571,768 shares of Whitewave Foods Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,763,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $28.13-$28.92 after having opened the day at $28.17 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.30. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: Crystal Rock Holdings ( CRVP), up 11.9%, Coca-Cola Bottling Company ( COKE), up 5.7%, Cal-Maine Foods ( CALM), up 5.5% and Origin Agritech ( SEED), up 5.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Whitewave Foods Company Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.