Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Alliant Techsystems ( ATK) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry higher today making it today's featured aerospace/defense winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Alliant Techsystems rose $3.41 (2.5%) to $138.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 543,110 shares of Alliant Techsystems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 409,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $132.69-$139.90 after having opened the day at $133.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $134.79. Other companies within the Aerospace/Defense industry that increased today were: Sifco Industries ( SIF), up 4.2%, CAE ( CAE), up 2.8%, Huntington Ingalls Industries ( HII), up 1.9% and Taser International ( TASR), up 1.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Alliant Techsystems Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.