Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Actavis ( ACT) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.8%. By the end of trading, Actavis fell $6.33 (-2.8%) to $220.82 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,710,133 shares of Actavis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,017,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $219.66-$227.71 after having opened the day at $227.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $227.15. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Endologix ( ELGX), down 24.4%, Compugen ( CGEN), down 20.1%, Medivation ( MDVN), down 14.9% and Kindred Biosciences ( KIN), down 14.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Actavis Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.