Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ashland ( ASH) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Ashland fell $1.12 (-1.2%) to $94.37 on average volume. Throughout the day, 662,182 shares of Ashland exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 708,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $94.12-$96.00 after having opened the day at $95.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $95.49. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), down 15.9%, Synthesis Energy Sys ( SYMX), down 10.8%, Lightbridge ( LTBR), down 10.1% and Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), down 8.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ashland Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.